We started today’s show talking to the Foster Care Coordinator for Miracle Hill, Sharon Betts. Miracle Hill has been helping place children in foster homes for over 25 yrs.
To contact Miracle Hill about being a foster parent go to their web site or call (864) 268-4357
We spent the rest of the show was focused on the deep, automatic cuts coming to the federal budget and their effect on all of us.
Today’s show was all about the three speeches about the state of our union
We start with President Obama
Then onto the duel speeches from the Right:
Sen. Marco Rubio
Sen. Rand Paul
Finally, we discussed three of the key points addressed in the speeches: immigration reform, minimum wage hike and climate change.
Today also marked a great choice for the country. We highlighted the introduction of the We the People amendment to the House. The amendment, which would be the 27th amendment, would clarify that corporations are not people and money is not speech.
Violent videos found a new advocate in Rep. Nancy Pelosi much to Brandon’s delight.
then we looked into the suggested immigration reforms from the “Gang of Eight” in the Senate and President Obama.
Oh and we started the show talking about the fact that all of us in SC are in the SC Unorganized Militia
Monday, we discussed:
Today’s show was the second installment of our series on addressing gun violence. We turned our attention to the “whys” behind these mass shootings and gun violence today by looking into mental health in America.
We began our multi-part series addressing mass shootings and gun violence today. Today’s show focused on the tools used in the tragedies of mass shootings. We interviewed Tim Bork, owner of Personal Defense Outfitter.
We spent the majority of today’s show celebrating our 2nd anniversary, talking about highlights from 2012, like the 2012 “Vote Informed” Candidate Forum. We also talked about changes for 2013.
We also ranted briefly on violent video games, minimum wages and spending cuts.
Today’s show took a hard look at the senseless tragedy out of Connecticut that rocked our nation:
We also commented on our new Senator, Tim Scott:
And introduced a new show joining the Spin-FM family: Occupy the Microphone
Recent Posts By Eric & Friends
- Guest Article: Brittany Smith on S.N.A.P. and Healthy Foods
- Show Recap, May 20, 2013: The Never Ending War (On Terror) and the “Authorization” that went astray
- The Midwest needs us!
- Show Recap,May 14, 2013: What in the world is going on in Washington?
- There’s a new Comeback Kid, but don’t give up!
- Show Recap, May 6, 2013: Drunks, fat people and place we don’t want to live.
- Long time sponsor of Another Voice: Personal Defense Outfitter
- Looking behind the excuses from Columbia.
- Show Recap, April 29, 2013: Another Look at SNAP recipients, legislative update and nullification
- Rides for Strides hits a Rain Delay!