As I walked passed the San Francisco Federal Reserve this morning, I was greeted by this image. What you see in the photo extended the entire block. Since I have seen many areas in San Francisco and other California cities where the homeless congregate and “live,” it took me a moment to realize that this was, at least in part, an Occupy protest. I spied a few “We are the 99%” so it appears to be a protest, but I wonder if the message is diluted just a little. (more…)
In our continuing efforts to bring people in need with groups offering aid, we focused on helping the homeless with three great local groups.
Providing emergency relief, temporary care, education to overcome addictions, and providing men, women and children with the tools they need to rise from the pools of despair to a productive life, we highlighted Miracle Hill which has served Greenville and the Upstate’s poor and homeless since 1937.
We also promoted a group that focuses on the long term needs of our homeless, the Upstate Homeless Coalition. Equipping the homeless, esp. families with the tools and skills they need to be ready to live in their own, this group fills a huge need in our community.
Another group encouraging support for local businesses, RelyLocal is holding a Cash Mob at the Miracle Hill Thrift store on Wade Hampton Blvd in Taylors. We fill in the details.
Recent Posts By Eric & Friends
- Show Recap,May 14, 2013: What in the world is going on in Washington?
- There’s a new Comeback Kid, but don’t give up!
- Show Recap, May 6, 2013: Drunks, fat people and place we don’t want to live.
- Long time sponsor of Another Voice: Personal Defense Outfitter
- Looking behind the excuses from Columbia.
- Show Recap, April 29, 2013: Another Look at SNAP recipients, legislative update and nullification
- Rides for Strides hits a Rain Delay!
- Show Recap, April 22, 2013: Boston Bombing and the West, Texas explosion.
- Cuttin fat with SNAP, Part 2
- Boston Bombing Suspect in Custody